It is our pleasure to share with you an extract from the letter sent by Ray Davis, Director of School Support & Evaluation Council of International Schools (CIS) to Mr. David, Head of School.
I am pleased to inform you that the Council of International Schools has decided to award CIS accreditation to Renaissance International School, Saigon with immediate effect.
Warmest congratulations to you, your staff, and the entire school community on this achievement. In reaching their decision, CIS took into account the Visiting Team’s commendations which were based on evidence of excellent and effective alignment with the standards for CIS accreditation.
Of particular note is the school’s commitment to:
- A whole school community process for actively and positively engaging in the creation of the current guiding statements;
- High quality early years practices which prepare the students for the primary phase;
- Primary practices that are effective in supporting the inclusion of students from diverse cultural backgrounds and with additional support needs;
- A secondary curriculum that uses the local and physical environment effectively;
- A comprehensive set of teaching and learning policies that provides staff with clear guidance and expectations which is also linked to staff professional development;
- Creating a trusting, caring and very positive and inclusive environment;
- Maintaining an outstandingly clean and healthy environment for learning;
These strengths should be celebrated by the school community.