Deadline: 31st July, 2017
Renaissance International School Saigon, established in 2007, has grown to approximately 500 pupils from Nursery to Year 13. The school is an International British school delivering the National Curriculum for England complemented by the IPC, IGCSE and IB. The school has just been accredited by CIS and recognised as “a good school with significant strengths” by BSO.
At this time, we invite applications from outstanding teaching colleagues. To be successful a candidate must be philosophically aligned with the school’s aims and approaches to learning. We would advise any teacher considering applying to be aware of the school’s Mission and Vision and commitment to the Round Square IDEALS. The successful candidate must be an advocate of differentiation in lessons, formative assessment, pupil and peer assessment, the principles of AfL, be open to trying new ideas and reject simply ‘teaching to the test’. He/she should guarantee involvement in the wider life of the school. Pupils’ needs come first and commitment to the staff team and colleagues is a priority. If this matches you, please read on…
Early Years and Primary
We have an excellent Early Years and KS1 team. Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- Be enthusiastic.
- Have good knowledge of contemporary theory.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to create a constructivist learning environment where pupils are exposed to true democratic practices and collaboration.
- Create an environment where moral and professional commitment is equally valued as skill and knowledge acquisition.
- Process good communication skills.
- Adopt an approach to learning where professional knowledge dictates decision making.
- Have good technological skills – the ability to develop digital literacies.
- Have the ability to apply pedagogical theory, continuous reflection and assessment to enhance instruction.
- Experience of teaching phonics in a UK/British school environment is a definite advantage.
If applying for a Key Stage 1 position, please note that to provide a smooth transition for our EY children into Year 1 many continue to follow the EYFS until ready to move to NC. Therefore, experience/understanding of EYFS is essential.
A very competitive salary & benefits package includes – accommodation, health insurance, annual return home flights and gratuity. There are good CPD opportunities and possibilities for Posts of Responsibility. Viet Nam offers an excellent standard of living.
Renaissance is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures and police checks.
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates having the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree and Teaching Qualification;
- UK training or experience of working in a British Curriculum school;
- A willingness to contribute to our school’s enrichment programme;
- A genuine interest in promoting and providing quality learning and teaching;
- Experience with IBDP or A or ‘A’ level.
Candidates who can offer a minimum of two disciplines (Major and Minor) have an advantage. Candidates who do not have experience in the IBDP or ‘A’ level will not be considered for current vacancies. Candidates with experience in IGCSE and the IBDP are preferred.