“I am pleased to inform you that the Council of International Schools has decided to award CIS accreditation to Renaissance International School, Saigon with immediate effect. Warmest congratulations to you, your staff, and the entire school community on this achievement. In reaching their decision, CIS took into account the Visiting Team’s commendations which were based on evidence of excellent and effective alignment with the standards for CIS accreditation. Of particular note is the school’s commitment to:
- A whole school community process for actively and positively engaging in the creation of the current guiding statements;
- High quality early years practices which prepare the students for the primary phase;
- Primary practices that are effective in supporting the inclusion of students from diverse cultural backgrounds and with additional support needs;
- A secondary curriculum that uses the local and physical environment effectively;
- A comprehensive set of teaching and learning policies that provides staff with clear guidance and expectations which is also linked to staff professional development;
- Creating a trusting, caring and very positive and inclusive environment;
- Maintaining an outstandingly clean and healthy environment for learning;
- These strengths should be celebrated by the school community.”
Director of School Support & Evaluation Council of International Schools (CIS)
4th Jannuary, 2017
What is the Council of International Schools (CIS)?
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a non-profit membership organisation that provides services to elementary, secondary schools and higher education institutions around the world that have the following in common:
- A desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as
- A commitment to high quality education;
To achieve this goal, CIS schools must infuse international and intercultural perspective into their programmes so that students can move forward with the attitudes and understanding that will provide them with a solid base wherever their studies or work may take them. Elementary and secondary school members must further commit to undertaking an ongoing quality assurance process to enhance student learning.
How CIS Accreditation Benefits our Students?
CIS Accredited Schools have demonstrated their commitment to international education and continual improvement. Colleges and universities acknowledge that a CIS Accredited School meets globally recognised standards and promotes qualities and skills that they are seeking in students.
Schools throughout the world recognise CIS Accreditation, and the education received by the student, as meeting an international standard.
Characteristics of a CIS Accredited School
The award of CIS International Accreditation demonstrates:
- The school is devoted to its mission. It cares enough about what it does to seek validation by a recognised accreditation authority.
- The school knows itself. It has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, families and the community.
- The school is student-orientated. Its philosophy of education is suitable for the students on roll and encompasses the development of the whole individual.
- The school keeps its promises. It promises only what it can deliver.
- The school accepts objective assessment. It is prepared to open its doors periodically to regular evaluation by the school community and by outside experienced evaluators.
- The school is constantly seeking to improve its performance in curricular and other areas.
- The school plans for the future. As part of the on-going nature of the evaluation process, accredited schools are continually planning future development
For more information about this, please click here